Monday, January 6, 2014

Results from December Book Tour

Last week I shared the results from my November book tour.  This week, I thought I'd share the results from my December book tour.

My second virtual book tour was with Bewitching Book Tours.   It was scheduled from December 9-16.

Bewitching Book Tours specializes in promoting Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy, however, they will consider other genres.

Of Dreams and Shadow: Forget Me Not is a Young Adult Paranormal novel.  I thought this tour might be a good fit for my novel.  Hindsight being 20/20, I'm not so sure.  While the owner was extremely helpful, several of my hosts seemed to have a preference for Vampires/Werewolves and steamy romance.

I was scheduled to for thirteen stops over a week.   Of those thirteen stops, two hosts did not participate. Of the eleven hosts who did participate, only two read and reviewed my book.  One of the two shared her review to Goodreads.

With this tour, I again chose to do a giveaway but instead of offering a copy of my novel (as I did with my November tour), I offered a $20 Amazon card and a $10 Starbucks card.

Before I go any further, I have to point out one of my tour stops.  Books Direct really tried to promote my book.  Throughout the week and into the next, Books Direct repeatedly tweeted the link to my novel. The site has an author listing where to my surprise, I found my name along with my social media, trailer, and purchase links.  Books Direct offers to list books, etc and are well worth checking out.

Like all things, prices may be subject to change but I paid $40 for my tour.

I monitored my sales for the week of and the week following my tour - and I didn't notice an increase in sales.  I did pick up 12 new followers of Twitter, 14 new likes on my Facebook Author page and 51 people added my book to their "to be read" shelves on Goodreads.  I had a total of 1,150 entries in my giveaway.  From my perspective, I was able to make contact with 1,150 potential readers.

On a side note:  

On December 14th, I participated in a local Winterfest craft show.  The show was scheduled to run from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.  The cost for a table $35.  The weather was cold and rainy.  Foot traffic trickled in for the first hour.   For approximately 2 hours, foot traffic increased and then dropped as the rain picked up again.  By 2:00 I was packing up for the day.  I sold 13 books in two hours under less than ideal conditions.  There is a lot to be said for local craft/art shows and festivals.  

I will be going on tour again at the end of the month.  I'm looking forward to visiting my hosts and hopefully getting a little interaction with the readers.
















No comments:

Post a Comment