Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Promo Plan

Marketing a novel isn't cheap.  However, not marketing doesn't work either. In November, December and January, my novel was on different virtual tours. Each tour was one week long.  Each month, I saw sales. In February, I took a break - no online promotions - What I learned?  Promotion matters - a lot. Because when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, I'm an unknown quantity. I've published one novel - and its not on the best seller list - not yet, anyway.  Like it or not, those tours helped - but they cost money.

Having learned my lesson, I have already made my promotional investments for March and May. Which brings me to April.  April's budget went the way of the dodo bird...  But I still need to promote. So, I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a way to get a little more exposure without appearing to be one of those "Look at Me!" peeps who flood social media with tons of self promotion.

The Objective:

On April 17th, my novel will be on sale.   In order for my promotion to work, I need exposure.

The Question:

Are you looking for a way to promote your novel without breaking the bank?

The Plan:

Create a community Blitz.  

Example:  If 5 authors participated, then each participating author would chose the day they wanted their blitz.  On that day, each of the other authors would share the designated author's post.  This would give each participating author one day of multi-blog promotion.  Each host would not only share the designated author's post on their blog but also in Facebook & G+ communities as well as Twitter. An added benefit is we get a little break from having to come up with content ideas for our blogs because we'll have guest posts! And finally, it won't cost anything but our time.

It is important that any authors who participate follow through with their commitment to promote the other participants.   If you are interested, please let me know - I'll be happy to coordinate the effort. 

**I write Young Adult novels - as such, I may have visitors to my blog who are under the age of 18.  For this reason, I won't be able to host any Erotica.  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment