Thursday, May 22, 2014

The writing team HL Carpenter has been busy.  Not only have they recently published their latest YA novel - Walled In, they are part of the "My Writing Process" blog tag tour.  Make sure you click the above link to check out their site.  In the mean time, I'm thrilled they tagged me as the next participant!

With this tour, the participants are given four questions.  Below, you'll find my answers.

What are you currently working on?


I am in the process of finishing my first new adult novella, The Reasons Why, as well as working on the sequel to Of Dreams and Shadow, the first book in the Forget Me Not series.


How does your writing process work?


When it comes to writing, I do a lot of listening.  My characters love to talk - sometimes at the most inopportune times - like in the middle of my work day.  When that happens, I jot down a few quick notes - just to make sure I don't forget. I try to know where the story is going before I sit down in front of the keyboard.


How does your work differ from others of its genre?


Of Dreams and Shadow is Young Adult Paranormal.  However, there aren't any vampires, werewolves, etc.  Instead, I've got a sinister shadow haunting the pages.  The Reasons Why (soon to be released) is new adult fiction.  The main characters are from a blended family.  They have to come to terms with the fact that love can happen at the most inconvenient times with the most inconvenient people.


Why do you write what you do?


This may sound crazy but its true - what I write depends on the characters and what they have to say.  I first started writing The Reasons Why because Britney and Michael popped in my head and wouldn't leave me alone.  It was quite frustrating to be honest. I was working on the sequel to Dreams and I literally reached a point that I couldn't go any further - not until Britney and Michael had their say.  I sat down in front of the keyboard with the intention to write just enough to get them to hush.  It never happened - the more I listened, the more they talked.


Who's up next?  That would be authors Laurie WJN and Beth Camp.  Laurie is the author of The Misadventures of Me and My Uterus.  Make sure you swing by her blog - Looking on the Sunnyside.  Beth Camp is the author of Standing Stones. Click here for Beth's blog.  













No comments:

Post a Comment