Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Author Platform

If there is one thing I hear repeated over and over again - it's the need to build an author platform. Just because we hear a term doesn't mean we have a full grasp of what it is -at least that was true for me. I tried the "Monkey See, Monkey Do" method.  I tweeted my Amazon purchase link.  I shared the purchase link in Google + communities - and I learned a bitter lesson.  No one cared.  Why?  Because they were too busy trying to sell their own books.  Now honestly, I wasn't clicking on their purchase links either because I was too busy trying to sell my own.

This is not to say that I didn't click on links - because I did.  I clicked on the links that offered something I wanted - knowledge.  Authors were sharing writing and marketing tips and I was like a sponge trying to take it all in.

After spending a lot of time researching author platforms, I've put together a little video that hopefully shows what I've learned and maybe, you will find it helpful.



No comments:

Post a Comment